Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Soy Chai.

As I sit on the porch of Bongo Java reading about a sense of place, I suddenly realize the truth to this idea in regards to my experience at the coffee shop.

Let me preface myself: I am addicted to Bongo. When I haven't been here for a couple of days, I miss the people, the tastes, the smells, etc. I have spent an ungodly amount of time and money here, but I don't grudge a single second or a single penny.

That being said, as I look around I realize that I have literally sat at every single table in this coffee shop multiple times. As I look at each table memories come flooding back of the different
experiences I've had at each table. I can clearly see the faces of friends as we conversed, laughed, did homework, and I drank copious amounts of soy chai, which I always get in a mug (I don't drink coffee, therefore it is more than somewhat ironic that I so love a coffee shop). I can remember countless afternoons spent on the porch enjoying beautiful weather and good company, and a plethora of evenings spent inside immersed in homework. Due to the extravagant amounts of time I have spent here, I feel completely at home in this place. With my investment in Bongo, I have made it my own: I have a sense of place and ownership here. I am an insider. I am a regular.

1 comment:

  1. I hold very similar feelings. Beautifully said, lovely friend. :)

    ReplyDelete